I have finally found a banana bread recipe that is absolutely fantastic because it’s the moistest banana bread I have ever tasted. I tweaked the recipe just a tad because I didn’t have 2 medium bananas but had 1 banana and 1 frozen banana. It worked beautifully.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 medium ripe banana, sliced
- 1 frozen banana, thawed and smushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan
- In a large bowl, stir together the melted butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt then stir this into the butter mixture until smooth.
- Fold in the sour cream and bananas including the juice from the thawed banana.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool loaf in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
It came out perfect and oh so moist! This is now my “go to” banana bread.
Anyone for a slice?
Special thanks to allrecipes.com for this recipe.
2 thoughts on “Sour Cream Banana Bread”