If you’re not a lover of pomegranate, don’t let the name of this recipe deter you from trying it — Pomegranate Chicken. The chicken was quite tasteful and didn’t really have much of a pomegranate-y type taste. Don’t get me wrong — it did have some pomegranate flavor.
Normally unsweetened pomegranate juice tastes quite bitter, no? But you’ll be pleasantly surprised with this recipe.
There aren’t too many ingredients for this recipe BUT the POM juice is a tad expensive.
The chicken will be grilled on a skillet on your stovetop. At the last minute, I added some raisins to the sauce since I thought it might come out too bitter (I had no need to worry though).
Ready to try another easy and tasty recipe? Here ya go!
- chicken breasts (I used four of them)
- pomegranate juice (POM Wonderful is what I used)
- garlic, minced
- olive oil
- Raisins (optional)
- Heat a bit of olive oil in the pan on medium low and add the chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle the garlic on the chicken and then pour the pomegranate juice over it until it reaches about halfway up the chicken.
- Bring the pomegranate juice to a boil then turn down to a simmer.
- Turn the chicken over every few minutes until itâ€™s cooked through.
- Continue to simmer the mixture until the pomegranate juice reduces to a thick sauce and the chicken is cooked through.
- The juice should become a fruity glaze.
Here’s the final product. I served mine with a Shirazi Salad which was a good pairing for it.