It’s still officially summer although the temperatures in Minnesota have been quite mild for August — in the 70’s. So, we’re still grilling (indoor and outdoors) and having “summer” food.
Here’s a new Egg and Potato Salad that I’ve revamped a wee bit. I used this recipe for the Paleo Mayonnaise instead of the one that the original recipe suggests as I didn’t want to buy avocado oil when I have plenty of olive oil in the cupboard. (The picture below shows a jar of honey but that’s because I haven’t re-labeled it to show that it has paleo mayonnaise in it.)
The hardest part of this recipe will be peeling and cutting up the potatoes into bite size pieces.
So — let’s try it and see how it goes. It tasted very good for having so few ingredients.
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 4 eggs, hard boiled and diced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard (or more if you like the taste of mustard)
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice (I used fresh lemon juice)
- Paleo Mayonnaise (you’ll be adding the mayonnaise a tablespoon at a time until it’s the right consistency for you)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat diced sweet potatoes in coconut oil then place them on a baking sheet and bake for 15-25 minutes until soft. After you remove them, let them cool.
- Place eggs in a saucepan filled with water and let them boil for 8-10 minutes. Let them also cool then peel and dice them.
- Â Mix cooled sweet potatoes, eggs, onion, lemon juice and mayonnaise in a bowl.
- Taste and sprinkle with salt and/or pepper if you wish.
And — here’s the final product.
I served this with baked salmon and it was a perfect side for it.