Here’s a paleo Guacamole recipe I put together in a moment of inspiration. It came out quite nicely and I had all the ingredients in my kitchen already.
Since there’s only two of us who were going to eat at this meal and since I prefer fresh guacamole, I just made a small batch for two. Â (Doesn’t that sound cute? A small batch for two …)
So — here’s the paleo recipe.
- 1 ripe avocado, smushed (did you know that smushed is an actual word — 🙂
- 1 ripe tomato, diced
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (or you could substitute with lime depending on if you want to pucker more)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Cumin – just a dash
- Cayenne — a smaller dash than the cumin unless you want it spicy
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
Tada! You’re finished!
The avocado has monounsaturated fat (from what I’ve been reading) thatÂ may lower your cholesterol and help regulate your blood sugar levels. It’s also high in potassium which mayÂ help to regulate your blood pressure and prevent hypertension.
Enjoy on your favorite foods — I put a large dollop over beef stew and it was wonderful!
One thought on “Guacamole”