This Baked Cod paleo recipe is too simple — too too simple. But it was delicious nonetheless. Here are the ingredients — (I was a little leery of using Cayenne Pepper on fish as I thought it would make it too spicy but it turned out okay). I used frozen cod and thawed it. The instructions for thawing were really simple and took only 20 minutes. All I did was put the unpackaged cod in cold water for 5 minutes, then change the water and add the cod back in. I changed the water out approximately 4 times every five minutes. Then — it was thawed.
I used a glass baking dish and added the olive oil and lemon juice to the bottom of it.
Next I prepared the cod by first drying them on paper towels then seasoning them.
Next you’ll be adding the cod fillets to the baking dish along with the lemon peel, garlic and a dab of ghee on each fillet.
Next you’ll be baking it. Ready to try it? Ingredients (you’ll be adding the amounts you wish)
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Cloves
- 2 Lemons
- Garlic Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
- Drizzle enough olive oil and the juice of half a lemon on the bottom of a baking dish.
- Season both sides of the cod with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and a hint of cayenne. (The cayenne gives the fillets a nice flavor — I only used 1/8 of a teaspoon. Use more cayenne if you want it more spicy.)
- Squeeze the other half of lemon all over the cod, and put both halves of lemon — now juices squeezed — in the baking dish. Add about 6 whole cloves of garlic, skin off, into the pan as well.
- Put about 1/2 tablespoon of ghee on each piece of fish then cover the dish tightly with tin foil and place it in the oven.
- Bake until the cod fillets are cooked which is about 20-25 minutes — the inside temperature should be around 145° Fahrenheit (I use a meat thermometer to test it).
That’s it! Easy enough, no? I served this with Zucchini Saute with Sun Dried Tomatoes.
Special thanks to Foodloverrocknroll for this recipe.