Zucchini is such an easy vegetable to work with. You can bake it in a small amount of olive oil with herbs or saute it like in this Zucchini Saute with Sun Dried Tomatoes recipe which is both paleo and vegan. It tasted delicious for what one might think would be a ho-hum vegetable.
Here are the ingredients (less the olive oil).
After cleaning the zucchini, you’ll be slicing it and putting it in a skillet that has a tad bit of olive oil on the bottom.
Then you’ll be getting the rest of your ingredients ready — including the sun dried tomatoes. They come in a jar and look like this.
Next you’ll be thinly slicing the tomatoes …
Next you’ll be putting them, along with the rest of the ingredients in the skillet with the zucchini and cooking them until the zucchini is soft but not soggy.
I especially enjoyed the flavor and texture of the kalamata olives in this recipe that went so well with the zucchini.
Ready to try it?
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 small zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun dried tomatoes cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 2 tablespoons parsley (fresh or dried)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the zucchini, cover and cook until softened, turning once, about 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes, olives, parsley and lemon juice and cook until hot, about 2 minutes longer.
- Serve immediately.
And that’s pretty much it. I served this with Baked Cod — another simple recipe.
I found this recipe in the book 1000 Vegan Recipes and I’m hoping to post more recipes from this book as they look delicious.
(Click here for a list of other paleo friendly recipes.)