Are you enjoying the summer? I’ve been looking for more “sides” and found a nice paleo side dish that you can serve at any time but will work especially well during holidays.
The cumin and cilantro combination work superbly well.
Here are the ingredients you’ll be needing … (the olive oil is not shown)
I didn’t use as many carrots as the recipe called for since I was only cooking for two. The carrots will be placed in 2 quarts of water and boiled until they are crisp tender.
Then you’ll be combining the rest of the ingredients to get a “sauce.”
This sauce will be poured over the prepared carrots and gently combined with them.
Check out the recipe …
- 2Â Quarts of Water
- 1Â pound baby carrots, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1Â garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2Â cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 2Â tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1Â tablespoon olive oil
- 1Â tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1/2Â teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4Â teaspoon salt
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil in a saucepan then add the carrots and cook for 3 minutes or until they are crisp tender. Drain when ready.
- Place the garlic in a food processor and pulse it 3 times or until it’s finely chopped.
- Add the cilantro to the food processor and pulse it 3 times also or until it’s combined with the garlic.
- Add the dill and the next four ingredients (through the salt) and pulse until all is combined.
- Spoon the dill mixture over the carrots and stir gently to combine it.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
That’s it! Simple and simply delicious!
I served this salad as a side with steak and Roasted Eggplant with Herbs (will add the recipe at a later date).
I found this recipe in the Cooking Light , The New Way to Cook Light cookbook.
For more recipes, click here.