You’ll need a crockpot for this paleo Chicken with Tomatoes recipe.
It’s quite an easy recipe to make and in winter, I especially like to use the crockpot.
Crockpot cooking also frees up time for me to do other activities in the afternoon. It’s a win-win all around. Quilting ~ here I come!
For this recipe, I had skin-on bone-in chicken thighs in the freezer, but, after thawing, I removed the skin from the chicken. Â Did you know that it’s cheaper to buy chicken with the skin on? Helps the budget out to spend just a little time removing the skin for a recipe that calls for no skin.
No charge for the tip ~ (laughing).
I used an orange pepper ~just to make it more pretty. This one looks like it was almost on its last leg (laughing) but it worked out fine.
Well, here’s the recipe without any more fanfare …
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin slices
- 4 skinless chicken thighs, cleaned and dried
- 1Â orange pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- One (1) 14 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a crockpot, add the chicken, onion, pepper, raisins and garlic.
- In a bowl, add the tomatoes, tapioca flour, curry powder, cumin and celery salt, mix it together then pour this over the crockpot ingredients.
- Cook on low heat for 5 hours or on high for 2.5 hours.
We served our chicken with a baked sweet potato.
For additional paleo recipes, click here.