I’m still craving Indian food and found this nice Spicy Indian Cauliflower recipe that I had to make a few changes on to paleo-ize.
I’m not normally a fan of cauliflower but this was simply delicious. I did cut back on the cayenne from 1/2 teaspoon to 1/4 teaspoon and it still had a bite to it.
Let’s take a look at the recipe ~
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into small flowerets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded onion
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes (I used canned)
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Steam the cauliflower until just tender, about 5 minutes, then set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat then add the onion, ginger and garlic and cook this through stirring occasionally until it’s soft.
- Stir in the tomatoes, coriander, cumin, cayenne, maple syrup and salt.
- Add the steamed cauliflower and stir until the cauliflower is coated with the spice mixture. Â (Add a small bit of water if it gets too dry.)
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until the cauliflower is tender, about 5 minutes.
I served this paleo Spicy Indian Cauliflower with Indian Chicken with Gravy and Grilled Zucchini.
Adapted from the recipe found in the book 1000 Vegan Recipes.
For additional paleo recipes, click here.
One thought on “Spicy Indian Cauliflower”