This paleo Chicken Cauliflower Casserole is so simple to make that I will probably make it quite often.
I just happened to have some leftover cauliflower from when I made the Spicy Indian Cauliflower dish. Â I’m always excited when I can use leftover ingredients from one dish as it cuts down on the budget. Makes sense, no?
This dish came out quite tasty. Pat, pat on my back. (I have some bragging rights, don’t I?)
Here’s the recipe for you to try ~
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Sea Salt, dash
- 1/2 can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1/2 cauliflower, cut into small pieces
- 4 skinless boneless chicken thighs, cleaned and cut into small bite size pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400Â° Fahrenheit.
- In a large skillet, add 1 teaspoon olive oil and when heated, add the onion and cook until it’s clear.
- Add the garlic, basil and parsley to the onion, stir and let this cook for a minute or so.
- Add the tomatoes and cauliflower to the onion mixture then season with salt.
- Add the chicken pieces to the skillet mixture and stir everything together.
- In a 9 x 13 baking pan (I used glass), cover the bottom with aluminum foil, add 1 teaspoon olive oil and use a pastry brush to coat the bottom of the foil.
- Add the chicken mixture to the baking pan, cover this with aluminum foil then bake for approximately 40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
That’s it! Â Hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Â I served this with half of a sweet potato and steamed broccoli.
For additional paleo recipes, click here.