I was so glad I tried this Baked Sole recipe. The fish came out moist and delicious and it required very few ingredients. It’s also a paleo recipe and no substitutions had to be made.
The 1/4 cup of butter is melted then spread out in the bottom of a casserole dish.
The sole is then laid out on top of the butter and turned to make sure both sides are buttered.
The onion/lemon mixture is then added to the top of the sole, put in the oven and baked.
I served this “light” entree with a Winter Citrus Salad. Delicious!
Here’s the recipe for you …
- 1/4Â cup of melted butter
- 1Â pound of sole
- 1/4Â cup of chopped green onion
- 3Â tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon
- 1Â tsp. salt
- 1/2Â tsp. of fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix chopped green onion, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Pour melted butter into a 9 by 13 inch rectangular metal pan.
- Add sole and flip to coat both sides with butter.
- Top with onion/lemon mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes on bottom rack of oven.
- Move to top rack of oven and broil 2 minutes.
Special thanks to ThinandThinner for this recipe.