I really enjoy having lamb — it’s a favorite of mine for dinners.
This Greek Lamb Chop recipe is a marinade that I really liked because of it’s simplicity and tastiness. There are a few ingredients you’ll need …
Although I don’t normally like spicy food, the amount of red pepper flakes that are used, 1/2 teaspoon, wasn’t enough to make it too spicy.
The lamb chops will marinate for 8-24 hours in a plastic bag in the refrigerator so the juices can blend into the meat.
Then you’ll be pan-frying them … Don’t they look delicious?
Here’s the recipe for you to try …
- 1Â package lamb chops, 4-5 (I only used two since there were only two of us)
- 1/4Â cup organic olive oil + 1-2 tbs for cooking
- zest and juice of one lemon (about 1/4 cup juice)
- 1Â tsp oregano
- 1Â tsp basil
- 1Â tsp garlic powder
- 1/2Â tsp rosemary
- 1/2Â tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2Â tsp sea salt
- Rinse the lamb chops then pat them dry.
- Trim the fat from the sides of the chops then place the lamb in a large ziplock bag.
- Add the lemon juice, zest, and organic olive oil to a large bowl.
- To the lemon juice mixture, Â add the oregano, garlic powder, rosemary, red pepper flakes and the sea salt.
- Whisk the marinade then pour it into the bag with the lamb chops.
- Remove the excess air from the plastic bag, seal it well then massage the bag with your hands to distribute the marinade on the lamb chops.
- Put the plastic bag that has the marinade and lamb chops in the refrigerator for 8-24 hours.
- Remove the plastic bag with the lamb in it from the refrigerator and set it on the counter for at least one hour before cooking to bring the lamb closer to room temperature.
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick pan on medium-high heat.
- When the oil begins to bubble, add the lamb chops with some of the marinade.
- As soon as all the lamb chops are in the pan, start a timer for 4 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, put a lid on the pan for the last minute.
- When the timer sounds, flip each lamb chop with tongs, then restart the timer for 4 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, put a lid on the pan again.
- When the timer sounds, remove the pan from the heat.
- With tongs, remove the lamb chops from the pan and place them on a large dish to rest for 10-15 minutes.
Then enjoy this wonderful meal. I served my lamb chops with a Greek Salad.Â I guess I was just in a Greek mood. Â Â (hehe)
One thought on “Greek Lamb Chops”